The original inspiration was this recipe, but I modified it quite a bit.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Onion Powder (I did this instead of onion chunks because my brother doesn't like chunks of things usually)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped (I actually used a bit more than a cup)
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your pie crust in your pie dish. Using a fork, prick the bottom and the sides of your crust. Bake the crust about 15 minutes. It should be a golden brown. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion powder.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts. Take the pan off the heat and set it aside.
- Whisk the milk, eggs and cheese together. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. I went a little lighter on the pepper.
- Spread the cooled spinach over the pie shell. Pour the milk/egg mixture over the spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the quiche is golden brown and spongy.
I have not tasted it yet, but I got rave reviews from those that did! I will definitely be making one of these for my husband and I soon!
***PS- Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway! It ends tomorrow!