Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We are baaaaack!

Hey friends! I apologize for the absence, but I just really needed a break! We spent a nice 11 day break in Indiana with my in-laws for Thanksgiving, and I did a whole lot of nothin! Actually, I did get some work done, but I purposely took a little Blogiday (blog- holiday).

We left Friday the 18th after I got off of work and drove through the night to South Bend, Indiana. Once we got there, we stayed with my brother-in-law Matt for the first few days. Saturday we went to a Notre Dame football game. My first ever!

It was really fun, but really cold! The half-time show was the ND marching band with the band Chicago, and Bon Jovi came out right before the 4th quarter!

After that, we just kind of hung out. Sunday we spent the day with my husband's Dad and Step-mom. We went to the church that he attended before he came to college and had breakfast for lunch at Perkins. That afternoon, my sweet mother-in-law (Donna, his Dad's wife) took me birthday shopping at a little store called Charming Charlie (if one comes near you...go! It is woman-heaven). Basically, they have clothes, shoes, purses, hats, scarves, jewelry, and all sorts of other fabulous things and they color-code it all! It really is a fun store...I drug hubby back another day for a second look! And then we went out to frozen yogurt.

After reuniting with the husbands, we saw a movie and then spent a little more time. While we were there, we also visited the Hubby's high school nurse (that still loves him!), ate a lot of local food shopped, and visited Grandpa Jim. On Wednesday morning, we drove the hour and a half to his Mom and Step-dad's farm house in Huntington, nearer to Fort Wayne, IN.

I helped cook Thanksgiving food and we had Aunt Shannon, my brother-in-law and our niece with us until Sunday. Grandpa Jim joined us for Thanksgiving. It was a perfect day! Good food and a Dallas victory! (LOVE my Cowboys!)

At 8pm, I drug my sweet, sweet mother-in-law (Love you Deb!), Aunt Shannon and niece Jules out to Fort Wayne to Black Friday shop. We went to Michael's where I got some really fun Christmas decorations (posts to come!) and a couple of gifts. The next stop was Target, but they did not open until Midnight, so we went to IHOP for some coffee. It was not that great :( but it did the job! We waiting in the freezing, mile long line but I got to go into Target and got everything that I intended to! We came home around 2am to a sweet little surprise that Hubby found. (We brought her home with us...I will formally introduce our little Black Friday surprise soon. She is a little love-ball!)

The rest of the weekend we shopped, ate, decorated her house for Christmas and enjoyed family time. We even went to my mother-in-law's church with her on Sunday. Sunday was my Birthday and after lunch, I got cake and presents! I was not expecting it, so that was nice! And then my husband and mother-in-law took me to the Fort Wayne mall and out to dinner and I got free fried ice cream! It was a great Birthday! :)

Monday afternoon we left Indiana and drove home. We did not get home until about 1:30am and we slept in on Tuesday (we both had the day off). Tuesday was filled with returning cars to the airport, our first Vet appointment, Christmas tree shopping and Christmas decorating.

I have so many things to share with you guys, I am bursting! The problem is that I do not have the photos to do the posts just yet! But I will very soon!

I am sorry if you are asleep. If you are still reading this long post, you are a true friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment