Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cookies and Basements

Okay so no...I did not whip these up from scratch and hand paint them. They are break and bakes from Walmart. $2.50. But they are the cauuuuutest little cookies ever! I got these because hubbs and I really like the Nestle Toll house sugar cookies and I knew tonight was going to be frustrating. Tomorrow is D-day for the basement repairs and we have to have it all prepped and ready for them tonight. 

It has been stressful. We removed tiles that supposedly contain asbestos....and we soaked them with water to keep it from getting airborne. The water had a mind of its own and went under the piled up insulation that we are hoping to reuse. So I had to rush over with the shop vac. I slipped and fell on the water. I am SO. over. this. basement. But...Friday it will be waterproof and hopefully in the next few weeks it will be drywalled is that a word? again! And then I can start sharing the fun part with you! The make-it-home part. Tonight...we are having cookies and blogging and playing Call of Duty (I mean he is...not me). We are dealing with this mess for the last time. Tomorrow starts the fun part. Yay tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow. I have an important meeting tomorrow morning that could change a lot of things for me. It could mean something really fun and exciting. I will let you all know how it goes! Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. The cookies are so cute! Hope you are not to sore from the fall. Good LUCK tomorrow and I hope everything will work out for that basement! Wishing you all the luck tomorrow in the meeting. Can't wait to hear how it goes! Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cookies.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! The cookies look yummy too btw!

    ReplyDelete