Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Tradition

So...I have never been a Valentine's Day decorator. Its just never been my thing. Never. Granted this is our first home, so this is the first real chance that I have had. Well you sweet people here in the world of blogging so inspired me that I just decided I had to! But I didn't want to spend a dime on it. So here is my FREE Valentine's mantle!
I made these cute little flower pots by gluing tissue paper onto golf balls and then I just plopped them into these teeny little terra cotta pots that we had sitting around. I LOVE them!
Oh I could just squeeze them!
You may remember this guy!
I even layed my adorable comfiest blanket ever throw that Michael's aunt made me over the back of the sofa to give it a cozy Valentine's feel. 
So there you have it. Our new tradition! And I did not spend one single dime on it! 

Oh yeah! Before I forget to tell you! We. are. waterproof! I have some other really exciting basement things to show you, friends. But that is for another day!

Don't forget to link up to my 

Linking this to


monogram

8 comments:

  1. We're first time Valentines decorators too! Love your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    I'm your newest follower and I've just nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. You deserve it - your blog is lovely! Should you choose to accept the award, you can read about how to do it as well as grab the button for your blog from my post: http://www.cottageandcreek.com/Blog-Archive.aspx?id=617&cat=Life

    Your mantle came out really nicely and how great that you did it for no money! Great job. Congratulations on the award!
    ~Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello....we're in exactly the same place! This is our first home, first year of marriage, so I wanted to go all out. :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tissue paper flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for entering your link on Creation Inspiration Sunday Linky Party!!! I hope you will stop by every Saturday night to link up your goodies :)
    I love your decorated mantle :)

    Donnelle
    http://sewmemine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So special--your first Vday in your new home. Awesome decorating. I noticed your willow angel. I put the one holding a heart in my decor, too. I also like the picture of Jesus above your mantle representing the most loving act the world has ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So charming i just love the mantle i wish i had one!

    Veronica
    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete