Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50th Birthday Pool Cake

Today is not the day that I will be announcing the big news, that will be tomorrow! So come back tomorrow! Because it's big! And there is something in it for you!

I did, however, want to share with you one of the most hilarious cakes that I have ever made!  A friend of my mom's contacted me to make a 50th Birthday cake for her sister-in-law. They had funny little figurines and wanted me to make it pool themed.

What I did was cut a rectangle out of the center of the cake, iced it, and then filled the pool with home-made decorator gel. This was my first time making it and it was a pretty messy process!

 Isn't she too cute with her leg sticking in the pool?
 The "water" got some bubbles in it when it dried, but I still love the way that it almost looks like real water in the cake!


 Per her request, I made this little chocolate plaque for the front. Apparently, Debbie really loves chocolate! So we wanted this cake to be as chocolatey as possible!
 And while I was decorating it...I made stir fry. And it was good.
 I know, short and sweet and to the point. But come back tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the cake! It is fabulous! The stir fry looks pretty tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is AWESOME! How long does something like that take you? It is so amazing, I wouldn't want to eat it!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and I bet so did Debbie! Look at all that CHOCOLATE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Fantastic job!!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
    Θωρακισμένες πόρτες

    ReplyDelete