Monday, October 10, 2011

Man-Cave Man-Wall!

Happy Monday, friends! I hope your weekend was great! We had an excellent turnout to this week's Fabulous Friday! I will have to get some features up here one day this week. I am seriously impressed!

I figured that I would finally get around to showing you guys the new Dallas Gallery in the den that I made Michael for his birthday! (I made him hang the shadow boxes...I stink at those wall anchor things!) You may remember seeing the canvas when I made it. I posted it about a month ago (HERE). Well here it is in all of its glory on the wall in the man cave!

 This is an actual piece of game-used turf from Texas stadium, the old one, before they imploded it. I found it online and knew we needed to have a little chunk! It looks great on the wall with the new stadium!

 We sort of just filled the shadow boxes with random Dallas paraphernalia that we had sitting around. I really like the way that it turned out though! We have an old Dallas jersey that we don't wear that I would like to somehow incorporate into the wall grouping as well, I just need to find it! I am pretty sure it is still in a box somewhere from before we were married and living in one house! (Yeah that was almost 2 years ago...terrible!)
I know that was not the most thrilling post to read, but I wanted to share a little piece of our den with you guys! And to show you how great the art looks actually on a wall!

4 comments:

  1. how fun is that turf! what a great gift. this man wall looks great, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome..Love it..So creative..I would love for you to link/share to my Pinspiration thursdays linky party happening now pweease..(I see soo much I'm loving) TY. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdayspin-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. old jerseys should always be framed, like in bars...Loving the shadow boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect! The Shadow boxes are great! So glad you linked up at Show & Share.

    ReplyDelete