Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Ducky First Birthday Cake!

As you may or may not know, one of my hobbies is cake making. I have always loved to do it. Well a few weeks ago, a friend who I had made a bridal shower and baby shower cake for contacted me to ask if I would be able to make a cake for her sweet baby boy's first birthday. Of course I was more than happy to! First birthday cakes are so fun! I thought I would share it with you guys :)

 She did not do a theme for the party, just a color scheme of lime green, yellow royal blue and light blue. The little ducky was the perfect way to incorporate some fun and color!
 The cake flavor was a vanilla pound cake and the icing is white buttercream. This was the first time I have tried that particular vanilla cake recipe but I think it is by far my new favorite!
 The top tier was removeable to use for his smash cake. Initially the duck was going to go on top, but I wanted more fun, colorful icing on the smash cake so I opted to move the duck down and pipe a big colorful "1" on the top.
 But the duck is still so cute! And he can play with it after the party :)
 To give credit where it is due, my mom found the little ducky. He was totally her idea!

There you have it. A super cute first birthday cake for a super cute boy!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That duck adds so much 'cute' to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job! I love the duck too! Megan

    ReplyDelete