Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Mantle

Happy Saturday, friends! The other day I decided that I had had enough of our winter mantle, so I decided to switch all of that chilly decor out for some spring! I was wanting to do it without spending anything, so I went outside and cut some blooms and branches to use in the livingroom.

For the entryway, I placed some branches in my quatrefoil vase and then filled my cloche with jute wrapped eggs that I made last year and some moss balls.
 For the mantle, I rearranged a lot of what was already there and brought my cute Phaltzgraff pitcher in and filled in with branches.
 Its so cheerful and bright! I know they will wilt soon, but I plan to juse keep replacing them with other branches. I am rebelling against the concept of buying fake ones!
 For the other end, I filled a ball jar with water and placed some blooms in that as well.

 Its such a cheerful change to the feel of the living room. We are spending a lot more time wit the windows open so it even feels and smells more Springy.
 I also filled my little decanter with water, snipped some greens and placed them in the water. It turned out so cute!

There you have it! our lovely Spring mantle and cute little entryway vignette. Have you done anything to spring up your house? I plan to try to do some spring cleaning today!

3 comments: