Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Mantle

Our Christmas Mantle is nothing couture. It is nothing that I got out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine or found on Pinterest. But I think that it is truly my favorite one. It is central to our home and conveys the true meaning of Christmas. Now don't get me wrong, I love fun decorations and presents, but that is not what it is all about. Christmas is about celebrating the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and spending time loving and appreciating all of the blessings that we have.

This being said, the central theme of our mantle is my Will Tree Nativity set.

We also have these cutey little stocking hangers. I love them! I know, they don't "match" the nativity but I do not care on bit!
This year, I put cut up straw under the nativity set to add to the "stable" feel. It is very organic looking, which works with the Willow Trees.
Above the mantle we usually have a frame. At Christmas we take it down and hang a stained glass star ornament above Mary and Joseph.
And just for a little fun, I have this tiny Christmas tree and a couple of silver ornaments at the other end. I got the tree at Michael's on Black Friday for $2! And the burlap around the bottom is so cute!
Here is the whole mantle, stockings and all.

Little Indy even has her own stocking! It is navy blue, but for some reason it looks purple in the photos.
Michael, of course, has a Cowboys stocking.
And this is mine! :)
I hope you enjoyed our mantle! I really love it! It is so warm and simple and sometimes that is just nice. Tomorrow is DIY Thursday and I have a really cute project!

No comments:

Post a Comment