Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tablescape

So our house is officially covered with Christmas decorations and I LOVE it! I figured I will show you guys all of it, but bit by bit because it would take me forever to show all of it. I also wanted to join these fun Christmas table linky parties! But before I show you the table, I have a special little tree by the table to show!

This is in the corner right beside or kitchen table. This tree is really special to me because it is two family traditions blended into one.
 Before our wedding, Michael's mom gave me a set of German Christmas ornaments (for new brides). Each one has a unique meaning. I have a little card that says them all and I am trying to think of a neat way to display it near the tree.
 Also on this tree are really special egg ornaments that my Grandmother used to make. She had tons of them, each one unique and beautiful. These are actually real hollowed out egg shells. Here are a couple of my favorites.

 Now for our Christmas kitchen table! I love how classy it is but yet it is still fun.
 We got these fun green place mats at Target a couple of years ago. They are actually just a bit brighter of a green than they look in these pictures.
 The cups I got at Kroger for a dollar apiece a couple of years ago as well. They are nice and sturdy and I love the little holly leaves and bows.
 For the centerpiece, I just took the apothecary jar off of our mantle. I LOVE this jar. It is probably my very favorite decor item. I filled the bottom with my small fake "diamonds" and then placed some Christmas ornament balls in there. Simple but really pretty!
 The red chargers and white plates I got at Walmart for a dollar or so each.
 Once the places were all set, I tied three candy canes together with a white ribbon and placed them in the center of each place setting.
And there you have it! A lovely, simple Christmas table. I always love the way that it looks so much and I hate to take it down after Christmas. I am so excited to be able to enjoy Christmas at home this year. Last year, we decorated, but we left town a week before to spend Christmas with my in-laws in Indiana. This will be our first Christmas that we actually will be at home in our house for. I have so many more decorations and projects to show you! I leave you with this cutey little guy (from my German ornament set).

1 comment:

  1. It is such a wonderful table decoration for Christmas. Christmas is a festival at which everyone like to decorate their home with ribbons, candle, lights, balloons, Christmas tree and many more.

    ReplyDelete