Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Colorful Deviled Eggs

Oops! I totally forgot I did have one other Easter project that I did on Saturday to share with you! In addition to the Waffles, I decided to make deviled eggs. But I did not want to make just any deviled eggs, I wanted to make them festive! Here is a little tutorial for ya!

First, get a glass for every color of egg that you want. Fill the glass about half full of water, add a little (I mean little bit) of white vinegar which is optional, and a few drops of food coloring.
 I wanted to do the whole rainbow! For the purple I just mixed blue and red drops.
 Take your shelled hardboiled egg and cut it in half.
 Carefully pop the yolks out and put them in a separate bowl.
 Then, you want to drop one or two egg halves ino each glass and let them sit for 5 minutes.
 Carefully scoop the egg up to see if it has reached the desired color. If not, put it back in for another 3-5 minutes.
 Once the eggs are the color that you want, lay them face down on a paper towel to dry.
 While the whites are drying, smash up your yolks in your bowl. Add mayonaise and mustard to get desired consistency. I just sort of do this to taste. I also add just a pinch of Splenda or sugar and a tiny dash of salt.
 Put your yolks on whatever you intend to serve the eggs on.
 Usually I use an icing bag for this step, but I was out and this is more for the everyday person that does not keep icing bags handy! Just fill a ziplock bag with your egg filling and snip the corner off.
 Squeeze the bag to swirl filling into the hole of each egg. I would recommend starting by filling each egg just enough and then go back and add more, to make sure that you fill all of the eggs.
 The last step is to add a dash of Paprika to each egg!
There you have it! Super cute, colorful deviled eggs good for any Spring get together! I may have to make some if we have a Mother's day party too! And for the summer, you could make red, white and blue! How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment