Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Happy belated Easter my friends!

I took the weekend off from blogging, etc. to enjoy celebrating Christ and relaxing with my family. (by relaxing, I mean spring cleaning all day Saturday, but relaxing for Sunday and Monday!) We had a little get together at our house for Easter Brunch on Sunday. I was a horrible blogger and did not take many pictures (like I said, my mind was not on blogging) but I wanted to share the few that I did take with you!

For centerpieces, I made these cute little Easter trees! I got those teal pails from the Target dollar bin. You will see those again this summer! And the eggs and Easter grass there too. Then I just cut dogwood branches from our yard. They are held in place in the buckets with rocks and I put a little water in there too.
 Here they are on the tables. We had to tape the cloths to the tables because Easter decided to be really windy! And since we don't have a large dining area inside we had scrubbed down and set up on the carport. The day turned out to be perfect, despite the wind.
 Everyone brought yummy brunch items, but alas I did not get a photo of those. I did get a picture of our cute little waffle irons pre-action! I made waffle batter from scratch and we had our and my parents waffle iron cranking out fresh waffles! I can't stand frozen waffles, but give me a warm fresh waffle any day!
Sorry, that is really all I've got! I hope that your Easter was blessed, that you celebrated the true reason and had some fun with the others as well. (I love the Easter egg and Easter bunny traditions myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment