Thursday, March 24, 2011

Basement Reveal Part 1: The Den

Oh my gosh, people. I can finally share part of the basement with you! We are done with the construction and finishing for the most part. All we have left is to decorate. So....before I show you the current look, let's recap. I showed you the den the way that we purchased it:
And then there is the sad, demolished den:
After months of almost constant work, two cans of flagstone grey paint, 800 some square feet of beautiful snap down laminate flooring (from the ReStore...holla!), sahara ceramic tile, lots of molding/shoe, trim paint out my ears....here is our adorable, cozy, amazing, lovely, fantastic new den! I am in love :)
 Sorry the lighting is a little funky. These are night pictures...I will get pretty daylight ones soon. Promise!
 We still have much to do as far as decorating those spare walls...but the construction is DONE! and we are enjoying it :)
 Someday soon that fish tank will have fishies again. And probably a skirt. her nekked legs are a little awkward.
Hellooooo square footage. I have missed you. We gained an extra foot of space on the long back wall and probably 2-3 feet on the short wall to he right.
See that cabinet? Michael made that door in one day. Its pretty sweet. We are pretty proud. I wanted to show you guys all of the rooms tonight but with this dark funky lighting, the other walls colors looked horrible. So I will reveal those rooms to you very soon! (As soon as I remember to take pictures while the sun is shining) I love you guys. Thank you for all of your support through this ordeal. We really do appreciate it. And hey, we are living proof that you can remodel a basement and make it beautiful without spending $8,000 to do so. Just takes a little elbow grease!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to see more of your hard work:) I also LOVE that paint color. I want to paint the boys room grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! what a lot of hard work you've done...can't wait to see it all blinged out with your personal touches...thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded.

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....the flooring looks absolutely beautiful! I also love the grey walls! What made you tear it apart??? Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie! Wow, what a transformation! That paint color is perfect and the floors are gorgeous. Your hard work has definitely paid off! Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks amazing! That flooring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is coming along nicely!! Love the floors and you found it at the ReSore(love that place) You were in the right place at the right time, too cool!! Look forward to seeing it complete and decorated!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I wish I had this! I love it. Although I might banish my husband and call it my den :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a transformation. My husband would start poking me in the side if he saw this to get permission to start our basement. Great job, it looks amazing.
    Stephanie
    Full of Great Ideas

    ReplyDelete