Friday, June 17, 2011

Art for the Laundry Room

I'm sure you all remember the newly painted laundry room that I showed you in this post. Well I decided that it really needed some art to spruce it up a bit. I got a 2-pack of canvases for $6 at AC Moore last week and figured it was time to put one to use! I took one of the canvases and spray painted it with white paint to cover the slightly tan tint to the cheaper canvas.
 I then found a chunky hanger that we have with a cute little swirl inside of it. I carefully measured to find the exact center of my canvas eyeballed to find the middle of the canvas. Then I simply traced the outline of the hanger very carefully.
Here is what it looked like once I finished tracing it. Then I took lime green paint and filled in the outline.
The first layer of paint was really splotchy, so I used two coats for a nice solid look. I really love the way that it turned out!
Check back in a few days and I will show you where this cute little baby ended up! I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet indeed. My colleagues at work always have problems keeping their kids busy during summer vacation. Maybe they could use some of your tricks to make their kids useful.

    ReplyDelete