Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sometimes I just wing it.

The other night Michael and I were invited to dinner at friends of ours from church's place. I was getting off work late the night before and only about 30 minutes before we were supposed to be there the day of, but I wanted to bring dessert. So I was trying to think of something really good, but easy and quick. After thinking for a while for a few minutes, I decided to just kinda make it up as I went. I wanted to make a fruit pizza with brownie crust. Now I know this isn't rocket science, but I wasn't feeling looking up a recipe so I just decided to make it up as I went. First, you start with a pizza stone:
 Then I cut out a circle of parchment paper to keep the batter from spreading. This was counter-productive but it was a nice thought.
 I used yummy chewy fudge brownie mix and baked it per the instructions on the box. Word to the wise, you may want to bake it slightly less time than the box calls for since its spread thinner.

 Once its all mixed up, you just pour it out onto your stone and bake it.
Then I pulled out my second love my KitchenAid and started to whip up the frosting.
I used one package of regular and one package of fat free cream cheese. You may opt to use just regular if you want it to taste as amazing as possible. Or both fat free for something a little healthier. I decided to get the best of both worlds.
I whipped the cream cheese, added some vanilla and sugar until it tasted right, and beat it well.
 It was super thick so I added just a little milk and whipped it more until it was creamy. This really was just me winging it until it tasted right. Fake it til you make it! :)
As you can see, my batter spread over the edge of the parchment anyway. So much for keeping it pretty.
 I spread the icing on and let it chill over night. When I got home the next day I sliced some strawberries and bananas and spread them on the pizza.
And then I drizzled it with chocolate syrup.
I have made one of these before, but topped it with M&Ms and it was delish! If you ever need an easy peasy dessert on the fly, this is the way to go! And it was really amazingly good. Have you ever made something similar? I know Pampered Chef has recipes for this. I also thought it would be good to top it with walnuts for a banana split type thing. I would love some ideas!

7 comments:

  1. A brownie CRUST?! WHY has this never occurred to me? Wow, this looks amazing. Must try. No, must NOT try. I would eat this whole thing ALL by myself. Must stay far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brownie crust, yay i need to try this, i always use sugar cookie mix, this looks so yummy...love it

    thanks for sharing!!!!

    xxoxo
    ash

    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! This looks delicious! I love finding new recipes! I found your blog through a link party and love it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I great spin on the traditional fruit pizza!
    I'd love for you to link this at my summer long linky party!
    "Life's a Picnic!" party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum....featuring this on Thrifty Thursday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making this tonight to take to a picnic! :)

    ReplyDelete