Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Better Solution to the Soap Box

I buy powdered Laundry Detergent because it costs less and lasts longer than liquid. At least in my personal experience. The only problem is that the boxes that the soap comes in are not cute. In fact they are usually a little on the tacky side. The colors don't match our decor and I just don't love it. I know, I know...not really a big deal. But why not make it cute if you can?! So I went to WalMart the other day and got a clear plastic canister with a lid for $2.
 I had big vinyl letter stickers that I used to write the word "SOAP" on the canister.
 This looks so much better on the shelf! Now if only I could think of something cute to do with that bleach I would be all set. I am really loving the way that this room is coming together!
Does any body else feel me on the soap boxes? I really wanted to do a glass canister....but glass and shelves are a bad combo for me. That's another story for another time....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! People always underestimate the importance of those little things. but combining them all together they make our life look just the way it does.

    ReplyDelete