Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hannah's Gift

A good friend of mine is getting married Saturday...but I already have her their gift from us so I can officially blog it! I have been wanting to for a while. So you all know me and how I think home made gifts are the best kind. I wanted to think outside the box and make something really special for them that I knew would carry a lot of meaning. We have an old Bible at our house that I call my craft Bible because it is literally falling to pieces and was on the verge of the trash. So I decided to give it new purpose. I took pieces of pages from this bible and...
Mod Podge'd them onto a 16x20 canvas like so:
After giving that a few days to dry, I freehand sketched their monogram and wedding date on there. Since I was a little off center I added some swirls which I actually ended up being really glad that I did. Here is the finished product!

This was so easy peasy. Just a little time consuming. But I am so glad that I did it! She really loved it. Congratulations Hannah and Daniel! Wish I could be there love :)

However, I will be off with my hubby celebrating our 1 year anniversary this weekend! Have fun without me , bloggies! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea! We have a wedding next weekend and I've been trying to figure out what to do that doesn't require me owning a Cricut or Silhouette! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice-very creative. You can use the rest of the bible to make those washer necklaces etc. I got one for quilting and that is kind of what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful Katie! So thoughtful and meaningful. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete