Monday, January 31, 2011

I LOVE You Guys!

I am really enjoying meeting all of you sweet ladies! Please don't be offended if I don't comment you back right away. Life is so busy right now. But I just wanted to make sure that you all know that I appreciate each. one. of. you. so much! for following my blog! *Big Hug*

To kind of share a little with you. My husband and I have been going through this trial and the waterproofing is finally being done this week. We had to finance it which gives me hives but we are going forward. We will be working on saving pennies to refinish it out of pocket and hopefully make it something wonderful (you guys will be the first to see the progress!). Well we are having a "when it rains, it pours" sort of experience with this. Today when I came home on my lunch break, I got back to work to discover that I had a flat tire. Yep. There's another hundred-ish dollars! Ugh! But my sweet hubby rescued me with fix-a-flat. Ladies...you need to carry a can of this in your car! It's only $4!

I have never, ever decorated my house for Valentine's Day. Not because I don't think the stuff is sooo cute! But mostly because I just never wanted to take the time or money to do so. However, you guys have inspired me! I have been crafting (without spending a dime!) and have come up with some really cute little projects! I'm only going to give you a sneaky peek until they are all done and around the house. I know. I know. I only have two weeks until the day. But whatev. Better late than never! So I took the unused backing with a stand from a Goodwill frame that I bought, glued a piece of scrapbook paper to it and glued a vintage looking matte that was in the same Goodwill frame over that. I put the word "LOVE" in the middle and pinned some flowers to the frame. Here's what I got!
I also took a plastic plate (leftover from Saturday's Baby Shower) and glued a doylie to it. Then I just stuck a cute lovey quote sticker to the center. I love it! So easy! 
I love them both! I can't wait to see them with my other little projects that I have in my head going on. Its going to be amazing! I love it! :) And I L.O.V.E. you guys!



Making

8 comments:

  1. I "LOVE" the makeover! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Hang in there sunshine is own the way. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! By the way, you won my giveaway and I'm not sure if I got the email with your contact info. If you wouldn't mind sending it again and I will send out your loot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project. I love it. Thanks so much for linking up to my party. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a sweet comment....I'm following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
    http://itsablogparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are too cute! Thanks for your sweet comments, I hope to see you around soon!
    s

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are way too cute...
    Don't forget to link it in our linking party this week.

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete