Friday, January 14, 2011

Storage space, repurposed!

 A cute DIY project!

Okay so first of all, here is the latest with the bathroom shelf! I have this lovely fake grass stuff that I can't wait to find the perfect use for. On a wild hair the other day I stuck it in my fav bottle. At first I laughed. A lot. It reminds me of a pineapple. And obviously I don't like that you can see it sticking down in the bottle. But I left it because I like the greenery. We'll see how it goes! HAH!


Now on to the real reason for this post! I want to share a CUUUUTE project that I did the other night! We have this wonderful white medicine cabinet (you know, the kind that you hang over the toilet in the bathroom) that we bought for the apartment before we moved. Well now we have this lovely shelf so we have not needed to use it. The other night I decided to temporarily repurpose it in our office to use craft storage. It is perfect for what I needed it for! The only problem is this:
You can see all my stuff! So I got a great idea! I had some fabric (that I love...like I want to hug it iloveitsomuch) sitting in my craft box waiting for a purpose. I decided it would be perfect to hide the stuff! Heres how I proceeded! First I took a piece of the fabric about twice as wide as I needed:
Then I folded it in half and cut it down the middle to get two pieces:
To add a little sumthin' sumthin'...I found two cute, chunky white buttons to sew onto the middle. This is optional! To find the exact middle I folded each piece in half like lengthwise and then widthwise:
I just used really basic sewing to hold these on. Nothing fancy because this is not their permanent home. (at least not as of right now!)
This is what I had once I got both buttons on:
The I held each piece to the door to center it:
Once I got it centered, I just used scotch tape to hold them in place!
This is what this beauty looks like with the doors shut! I L-O-V-E it!


Oh I just love it! And my most used supplies are right within reach! I am still working on the office organizing/decluttering. I will keep you posted! I just could. not. wait! to share this with you guys! Okay just onemore time! Before:
And After!

Have you re purposed anything lately? Taken something from one room and made it totally functional for another? I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment