Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Thrifty Basket!

I HAD to share with you friends! I have found the solution to our bathroom shelf woes! It is the perfect combination of the initial simplicity and a fun change! First I took this old basket that was just a hint lighter/redder than what I wanted. (A previous Goodwill find for .50!)
To get the color that I wanted, I took a dark brown sharpie and colored all of the light spots! (sorry I didn't photograph this part...) The chunky handle was NOT a part of my concept. So I took our pruning shears to it!
And voila! This is what I got! MUCH better! Less...going on a picnic with granny and more...spa bathroom!
Then to figure out how in the WORLD to arrange the shelf. First I tried this:
Not quite right...Then I tried this:
And then I decided to pull the towel. Yuck!
So finally I gave it to hubby's suggestions and stacked the towels on top like we used to. And you know what? He was right. Gasp! But thats okay because I made some tweaks that I love!
Oh my word! I LOVE this bathroom!

And for the last picture...here is a hint of some greenery to come!
There you have it! A total refresher for our beautiful bathroom! And the cost for the project? 50 CENTS! And about 15 minutes of my time! Yet another score for Goodwill! You should go...really you should. And while you are walking up and down the aisles, rather than seeing things for what they are, you should see them for what they can be! If I prove nothing else to you in this blog...I want to prove that you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to revamp a room. A fifty cent basket makeover made a world of a difference for us! And my cutie bottle still gets a prominent home! Yay! So happy. sigh.


2 comments:

  1. The bathroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the basket better without the handle too!

    ReplyDelete