Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Living Room Table Re-do!

Okay, so I was going to wait until this was finished to share it with you but I just couldn't stand it any longer. I was feeling like I just couldn't finish this fast enough...so I decided for the good of my class that I started this week, I should just go ahead and share this with you so I can focus on more important things. PSHT! This table is important! I am giddy excited about it!

Since we moved into this house, I have been pining looking for a table to put in the entryway of our living room under the floating shelf that we have. So the other day I went to Goodwill looking for something innocent enough. I wanted a frame to refinish as a gift for a friend. Whenever I go, I casually glance around the pitiful discarded furniture section that our Goodwill has and usually anything I am interested in has a price tag higher than I want to pay at Goodwill. But then I saw it. This poor little table, all scratched and unloved. But it was the right size. (Really it is more of a tall nightstand type of thing).
(The picture is taken in our sad little basement, not the store)
No one was around it so I walked over to check it out. And then I saw it. I had to look twice. And immediately I knew that this little guy was going home with me.
I picked that baby up and carried it around the store with me. Yes I did! You know why? Because apparently there were others with their eye on it that were mad that I swiped it. But you know who cares? NOT THIS GIRL! If they wanted it so badly, they should have put it in their carts!
It seems to have a missing drawer or something on one side, so I grabbed a 50 cent basket thing that fits in there but I don't like the space on the sides. I have decided that on the good (flat) side, I will just drill a hole and put a cute knob on there and let it look like a faux drawer! I can't wait!

So I have made a good bit of progress, but I am not going to share it with you tonight! I guess you will just have to stay tuned for an update (which will probably be tomorrow because I can't stand it!!) Goodnight, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment