Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Livingroom

I am finally ready to share the Fall transformation of the living room with you guys! It brings me so much happiness! :) I really do think that Fall may be my favorite time of the year! It is so much fun to decorate for and everything is so cozy. Plus Fall is football time and also comfort food time. I even got an apple cider flavored candle to celebrate the occasion!

I was determined to make this a very cheap sprucing of the room. I tried to use mostly things that we already have around the house. I spent $1 on a bundle of wheat at AC Moore and $4 on little sugar coated pumpkins and leaves at WalMart. Everything else we had!

For our entryway table, I wanted to keep it very simple. We have the little box with our wedding photo DVDs on there. I filled a cylinder vase with dry beans (which we had in the cabinet!) and stuck a few stalks on wheat. Then I stuck a little pumpkin there and voila! Very simple, autumn entry table!
Michael's mom bought him this candle a couple of years ago when she came for her annual visit. It is perfect for fall! And I LOVE the raffia and the little acorn! How cute! I placed this little guy on top of our TV.
For one end of the mantle, I filled a Ball jar with beans and then stuck some wheat into that as well. Ball jars are so "Fall" to me! And we just happened to have that lovely olive green wine bottle sitting around the house as well. It helps to break up the tans and oranges very nicely! It also adds some height to the arrangement.
Here is the book from this post. I put my sweet praying Willow Tree Angel (LOVE those!) on top. I also got the edges of the book a little wet to make it look slightly more worn. I scattered my little pumpkins and wheat stalks all over the mantle in an organized mess. I was really happy with the way that it all seemed to fall together.
I love. love. love. my apothecary jar. LOVE it. Really. We bought it for our wedding candy buffet and it has been a staple in my decor ever since. For this display, I filled it with straw (well...really just the parts of the wheat that did not have the heads on them) that I cut up and one little pumpkin.

I keep calling this wheat, but I really think its Rye. Which is a type of wheat right? Either way, I highly recommend getting some. Super cheap and it really made the fall decorations.

For the coffee table, I did something very similar with my cloche that I did to the apothecary jar. I placed wheat-straw in the bottom, a leaf, some beans, and a little pumpkin.
You can see it better here. I also set it on two pages that were in the front of my book that were just blank. I like the look it created. It helps the cloche not to feel like its swimming on the table.
There you have it! Our lovely Fall decor in all its glory. Do you have any fall decorations already up? Link them to this week's Fabulous Friday! I would LOVE to see what you all have come up with!


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks so fallish. Or autumnal. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fresh clean autumn style. Very elegant. Wanda from The Call Me Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Fresh and simple and effective. Really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute! I love what you've done. The beans are my favorite part! That apothecary jar is pretty, too!

    Now Following! I hope you'll pop over and follow me back to help me reach my goal of 1,000 followers by the end of the year!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall decor is so pretty it is motivating me to get mine up. thank you again so much for linking up to my party Show and Share! hope to see you again this week!

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Ball jar with the beans-that's a fantastic idea. I might try it out myself. :) Visiting from Centsational Girl's Fall party. Hope you'll stop by my blog post too! :)

    ReplyDelete