Saturday, September 10, 2011

Handmade Serving Set

My big sister is marrying the love of her life today! I am actually off helping her get ready as we speak! In celebration, I figured I would share one of my little projects that I helped her out with. I have more I can add for sure! (I just didn't get photos of them before we hauled them off to the venue..thus you will have to wait! iknowyourdying...) For her serving set, she purchased a simple silver pair. Very pretty and elegant and she will be able to use them for years to come. But she wanted to spruce them up a bit for the reception.

After fidgeting with them for a couple of weeks, here is what I came up with.
 The white strips wrapped around the handles are actually remnants from her wedding dress. Her flowers are roses...so we decided to add a touch of those as well. And then every girl needs a little sparkle on her wedding day :)
I know that was short and sweet and to the point, but I have places to go...sisters to marry...or...yeah I don't know. :) Hope you guys have a great weekend! I will definitely share photos of this beautiful wedding ASAP!!

Congratulations, Ashley and Mac. I love you both!


Also...Cowboys season opener is tomorrow!!! I am so ready for some football, beer bread and chili!

3 comments:

  1. Great wedding date - 9/10/11. I know that because my daughter's friend was married today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I searched high and low for beautiful serving ware and I settled on an engraved serving set from things remembered. I love them regardless, but those are so nice! I wish I would of thought of something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My BIL is getting married soon and I am going to send this idea to him and his fiance. What a great way to personalize.

    I am a new follower from the Tuesday Time Out Hop. If you have a moment, come by www.messforless.net and say hi!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete