Monday, September 5, 2011

File Cabinet (maybe?)

So at the urging of myself and several of you all on here, as well as my husband, I mustered up all my strength and lugged the stupid file cabinet from its home in the dark dingy workshop with multiple colors of artificial light. I moved it to a much happier place. The bright sunshiney corner of my girl cave. And I have to admit, I am actually pretty happy with the paint color now. Guess I shouldn't knock it til I try it!
 Please ignore the unfinished chair and boxes! I will be putting my cute little renovated damask chair there..I was just trying to get a feel for the layout of the room.
Overall, I think I am liking it. I am going to sleep on it a few more days and if I still love it, I will go ahead and finish the paint and clean it up a bit. What do you think? Better in the room? Still ugly? Maybe with some work? I think I like it. But I don't know!

4 comments:

  1. I like it. I think it compliments the blue very well; it isn't obnoxiously bright and it isn't just some file cabinet that is taking up room. Now it is a part of the room and focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great. Also, I'm your newest follower! Come by when you can and, if you'd like, follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya. I was just saw the filing cabinet and i had an idea. In the first picture it looks like there's some kind of a silver zigzaggy thing goin on there, (which is an optical illusion) but wouldn't it be cool it it was REAL? like you painted it like this....


    (top to bottom)
    1st cube: silver line down left side and bottom
    2nd cube: silver line between 1st and 2nd, right side and bottom
    3rd cube: silver line down left side and bottom
    4th cube: down right side and bottom.

    so it kinda looks like two digital S's stacked on top of each other...let me know what u think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. urg...um. not quite sure how this blog thingie works but since i'm gonna stay anonymous thanku verymuch, uh...don't worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete