Monday, September 12, 2011

Packers Groom's Cake

My sister is officially a Cheesehead. And to celebrate her upcoming marriage, I created them a fun Greenbay Packers Groom's Cake. She helped me way more than she should have, too! ;) I am SO please with the way that it came out! Here's the eye candy:

The goal post could not be on it at first. It kept melting and leaning, so at its unveiling it was just the cake. But it still looked good!

 And here it is with the goal post before it was devoured. We did a sour cream chocolate pound cake with buttercream icing.Everything else except the topper and the helmet was made out of modeling chocolate.
 And here is the lovely bride and groom, posing with their cake.

 This is the reason for the ball and chain topper. His co-workers really attached a ball and chain to his ankle at work!


 And here is their Packers photo. I took their engagement pictures, too. They are so cute!
There will be many, many more photos to come from this wedding as well as a home-made gift! Its been such an amazing and exhausting weekend. Happy Monday!!

11 comments:

  1. Go Pack Go! I grew up in Green Bay! Hopefully your sister was able to make it to the game last week. It was amazing! Your cake is fabulous. I wish I had done this for my hubby at our wedding! I'd love for you to stop by and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party at www.laughloveandcraft.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO PACK GO! I got my hubby a Packers groom's cake, too! We did a huge cheese-wedge with the "G" on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I wish I would have had a groom's cake for my poor hubs. I feel like he showed up to the wedding and he had no idea what anything would look like!

    I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by!

    http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious cake. The cake looks so delicious but I will never try to make it. I listed your recipe in my cookbook, It will helpful for my birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found them on a website while I was searching for something else.
    I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy. I will cook some colours in cupcakes tomorrow. Thanks to remember to take a picture so I can post it. It is one of my favorite new food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is main think about it. Your cake is fabulous. Above share photos are really awesome, Both looking so nice. The cake looks so delicious so i will try to make it. Thanks for share posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cake, its very nice one. Both looking so beautiful. I listed your recipe in my cookbook, it will helpful for my birthday party. Thanks for shear it.

    ReplyDelete