Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Organization Increases Life Expectancy

Okay, I don't have any facts to back up my title. But I am sure that if I researched it, I would be right! Our house has a habit of things getting out of hand very quickly. Especially in rooms that we don't use as often. It starts out as "Oh, we have people coming over. I will just put this stack of papers in the office or girl room and I'll sort through them later." Well I have a tendency to do that too much, and then never get around to them "later." Here is just a small snippet of what my beautiful, girly craft room had become. Just keepin it real, my friends.
 Piles of crap everywhere. Half finished projects and supplies under the desk, in their bags still many of them. Packing boxes for any orders needing to ship. Bills, mail, wrapping paper. And this was after I had been at it for a few minutes! Not to mention I have been neglecting this poor room as far as finishing up its decor. two of the walls were still naked and screaming for some interest (I have projects to show you about those too!) So last week I decided enough was enough. We had people coming over and I wanted to be able to enjoy the room and not close the door in fear. Not to mention, with my business picking up, I wanted to be able to use the room for what it was intended for. My office.

The first thing that I did was drag all of the random piles of paperwork and bills floating around our house, as well as our too-small bill filing system (that little brown bin) and sorted through all of them. I created name tabs for everything I could think of and sorted it all into our newly remodeled (but not finished) file cabinet. (By the way, I have decided that I love the green!) It felt so good to have our paper monster tamed. And I only used the first drawer for our personal items, so I have the other three for business related paperwork and craft supply storage!
 After working really hard for almost a full day on this room and sorting through a lot of crap..Here is my desk!
 *sigh* I love the look of a clean, organized room. I feel like my stress levels are so much lower! And there is my cutie little chalkboarded pot again! I love it!
 Now I have room for my laptop and can sit in here and work instead of hogging the hubby's office upstairs! Now just to sneak my big, dual-screen monitor down!
 You see that little curtain? Yeah I have an awesome process to show you guys! Easiest curtain installation ever! I love this room now. I loved it before, but there is something about it being neat and clean and girly that just makes it that much more fun!




Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Looks great! Doesn't it feel so good to have a tidy space?! It makes me feel like I can breathe easier and tackle anything! :)

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I need to do tomorrow. And the next day, too probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organizing is great! It makes things so much easier. I know what you mean when a room gets messy quick when its not used very often. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower & I love the color of your walls! Would you mind sharing the paint color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you via the Trendy Treehouse Follow Me Friday. I just finished my own office makeover too... isn't it amazing what a difference it makes to actually know where supplies are located?! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh
    your desk looks much cleaner
    and happier now

    thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love the feeling of clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! Very cheery!!



    your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I love your "girl cave"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Feel free to come to my house anytime & help organize my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet that feels SO much better! Makes me happy just looking at the clean up! Great job! Thanks for linking up at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cabinet is so cute! It makes me want to go home and craft paper my bathroom cabinet during my lunch hour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing! Wish my space looked that good right now! Except it looks about 20 times worse than your before picture. ;) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete